Limited Space Available for Conference
Special Address by His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Register Now to Secure Your Space
His Holiness the Dalai Lama, famed Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry Richard J. Davidson, and world-renowned speaker and author Margaret Wheatley are the featured speakers at “Resilience.”
Social Workers and Louisiana Professional Counselors can receive 8.25 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) for attending the conference. Other CEUs are being applied for. For more information about CEUs contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference will take place in New Orleans on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17, 2013. It will feature:
- “Resilience: Strength Through Compassion and Connection,” His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- “Whatever the Trauma, Community is the Answer,” Margaret Wheatley
- “Change Your Brain by Transforming Your Mind,” Dr. Richard Davidson
- Opening address on the theme resilience by Melissa Harris-Perry, host of MSNBC’s “Melissa Harris-Perry”
- Networking Lunch
- Sand Mandala, chanting and Tibetan Bazaar by the Drepung Loseling monks
- Panel Discussion with featured speakers including His Holiness
- Resilience Tour of New Orleans
- Introduction to Tibetan Buddhism Workshop
- Resilience Documentary & Lecture
- Brain and Mindfulness Workshop
- Music and Resilience Workshop
His Holiness the Dalai Lama will also give public talks on May 17 and May 18. Tickets to these public events are sold separately at www.dalailamanola.com.
For more information visit www.dalailamanola.com.